Biologically appropriate for overweight cats. To promote peak body conditioning, overweight cats need a protein-rich diet with moderate fat and limited carbohydrates.
- 44% richly nourishing protein from lean meats, 16% carbohydrates, and a unique blend of soluble fiber nourish overweight cats according to their evolutionary and biological needs
- Unmatched by any other dry cat food, 2/3 of ORIJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of our dehydrated poultry is air-dried from fresh chicken and turkey, for a concentrated source of protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for selective eaters
Deboned chicken, chicken liver, turkey liver, deboned turkey, whole eggs, arrowtooth flounder, turkey heart, whole atlantic herring, chicken heart, cod liver, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated turkey liver, dehydrated sardine, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated herring, whole red lentils, whole chickpeas, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, natural chicken flavor, apple fiber, lentil fiber, whole yellow peas, dehydrated pumpkin, dehydrated butternut squash, chicken cartilage, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole red delicious apples, whole bartlett pears, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), thiamine mononitrate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Our biologically appropriate philosophy is simple: mirror the quantity, freshness, and variety of meats that dogs and cats are evolved to eat. The grey wolf (Canis Lupus) is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs (Canis Lupus Familiarius), sharing 97% of their DNA, while the Near Eastern wildcat (Felis Silvestris Lybica) is the closest relative of domestic cats (Felis Silvestris Catus). Despite years of breeding, the internal workings and anatomical capabilities of domestic dogs and cats remain the same as their wild cousins, so it’s no surprise their food requirements remain the same too.
Unmatched by any other dog or cat food, ORIJEN’s fresh regional ingredients rival Mother Nature, supplying nutrients in their freshest, most natural and nourishing form. Responsibly farmed, ranched or fished by people we know and trust, our fresh local ingredients are delivered to our kitchens daily.