Cats and kittens are built like their ancestors, possessing a biological need for a diet rich and varied in animal protein.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein, and limited to 19% low-glycemic carbohydrates to nourish cats and kittens according to their evolutionary and biological needs
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of the meats are from dehydrated chicken and turkey (air-dried at low temperature from fresh meat) for a concentrated source of nourishing protein
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for picky eaters
Deboned chicken, deboned turkey, yellowtail ﬂounder, whole eggs, whole atlantic mackerel, chicken liver, turkey liver, whole atlantic herring, chicken heart, turkey heart, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated turkey liver, whole green peas, whole navy beans, red lentils, chicken necks, chicken kidney, chicken fat, pinto beans, chickpeas, green lentils, natural chicken ﬂavor, lentil fiber, herring oil, ground chicken bone, chicken cartilage, turkey cartilage, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, apples, pears, pumpkin seeds, sunﬂower seeds, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried biﬁdobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Our biologically appropriate philosophy is simple: mirror the quantity, freshness, and variety of meats that dogs and cats are evolved to eat. The grey wolf (Canis Lupus) is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs (Canis Lupus Familiarius), sharing 97% of their DNA, while the Near Eastern wildcat (Felis Silvestris Lybica) is the closest relative of domestic cats (Felis Silvestris Catus). Despite years of breeding, the internal workings and anatomical capabilities of domestic dogs and cats remain the same as their wild cousins, so it’s no surprise their food requirements remain the same too.
Unmatched by any other dog or cat food, ORIJEN’s fresh regional ingredients rival Mother Nature, supplying nutrients in their freshest, most natural and nourishing form. Responsibly farmed, ranched or fished by people we know and trust, our fresh local ingredients are delivered to our kitchens daily.